July 18, 2014

Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party: Post 24

 “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” ― Henry James

June and July are always tough months to post in because everyone is busy. With my computer acting up and numerous storms and power outages, this post is extremely late. Although this post is very late, I'll be breaking it up so there aren't 30 photos in one post. I've been keeping busy.  

6-19-2014


6-20-2014


Going through an intense cleaning and purging month.

6-21-2014


Learning basket weaving. It's a lot of fun.


6-22-2014


In the market for some huge light bulbs.

6-23-2014


Went for a walk and saw this snake on the road. Maybe an Eastern  Milksnake?
 

6-24-2014




Finally saw the new calf.

6-25-2014


Ruins

6-26-2014


Cream from the cow at the farm, being graciously held by Caldecott Honor winning author, Anne Isaacs who flew from California to do research for a new book. She took on the full Colonial experience, wearing the clothing, doing the chores and sleeping in an outbuilding.   

6-27-2014


Tiny feast for the work campers.

6-28-2014



Went to the Rockwood Ice Cream Festival with Barrel of Makers. 

6-29-2014



6-30-2014


Geese have good PR. In real life, they are scary, scary birds.

7-1-2014


Made this cute little change purse out of Forbes magazine pages.

7-2-2014


Crazy, windy storm.

7-3-2014

Storm and power outage all night. Sat outside in the rain under the tent in the back yard with my dad and sister. We listened to the Cold Mountain soundtrack and watched the lightning bugs in the rain. It was the best night I've had in a long time.

7-4-2014


Took some photos for my sister to showcase the new cosplay costume she is making.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with what you say about geese! They are viewed as friendly but the ones I've encountered at Holme Pierrepont can be highly aggressive...even when they are not defending chicks. In regards to the snake, it does look like an Eastern milksnake; I had a look at pictures on Google. At first I thought it might have been a kingsnake but their red, black and yellow bands fully cover their back and bellies.

    Ah, the Cold Mountain soundtrack; my parents have that and it's a good album. I like the jewelry in the last picture.

    I hope the outages and computer problems are no longer affecting you. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't like the cold mountain soundtrack when I first bought it but it grew on me. I've been meaning to ask you if you have any school updates.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures! It's been a crazy two months... stressful, hot and humid. Hope things are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything is okay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you keeping up this journal despite working so hard. I think power outages bring family and neighbors closer together. And it's an excuse to do some reading by candlelight :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Copyright © 2008-2020 Stephanie Ann Farra. All rights reserved.

All materials posted on this site are subject to copyrights owned by Stephanie Ann Farra. Any reproduction, retransmissions, or republication of all or part of any document found on this site is expressly prohibited, unless the author has explicitly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce, retransmit, or republish the material. All other rights reserved.