April 11, 2015

Crossing the Elbe: WWII Event at Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation 2015

WWII Colonial Plantation 2015

I don't believe that this has happened again. One minute I'm prancing out of work in my pretty, ankle grazing dress in rural Pennsylvania in the year of our Lord, 1763 and the next minute, POOF, I'm in EUROPE in who knows what year. I hope you all see the automaton cart below that sounded like the gnashing of teeth of thousands of tortured souls. I was afraid to go near it but wouldn't that be a big help on the farm!    

This happens every time our farm is converted from it's usual Colonial goodness for WWII day at the Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation. I have to admit that this is an event I never really stayed for in the past as it was not a period I was interested in recreating. Also, despite what you may have heard or what you may have seen me wearing today, I am not switching to WWII anytime soon. :) 

This is a small event but a good event if you've never been out to the farm, you have no problem sensing that you are in a different time period. There are no telephone lines and you are surrounded by woods so it's easy to get lost in the time bubble. 

Civilians, Russians, Americans, British, and Germans among others were represented at this event and in addition to the lovely displays there were also 2 veterans present to tell their stories. The event continues tomorrow, if you are in the area you should check it out.

WWII Colonial Plantation 2015
WWII Colonial Plantation 2015
WWII Colonial Plantation 2015

WWII Colonial Plantation 2015
WWII Colonial Plantation 2015
WWII Colonial Plantation 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Copyright © 2008-2020 Stephanie Ann Farra. All rights reserved.

All materials posted on this site are subject to copyrights owned by Stephanie Ann Farra. Any reproduction, retransmissions, or republication of all or part of any document found on this site is expressly prohibited, unless the author has explicitly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce, retransmit, or republish the material. All other rights reserved.